10 Tips to Promote Your Facebook Business Page
Facebook has changed for business owners yet again with their new “timeline” layout for business fan pages. This new change allows businesses to promote their company on the most popular social media platform. The new Facebook business fan page timeline was launched on March 30, 2012. Outlined below are some tips to help you deal with Facebook’s new timeline layout for businesses.
- Brand Away! The new timeline layout allows businesses to use a default background image to describe your products and/or services.
- A.B.P. (Always Be Posting). Don’t be afraid to post more than a couple of times per week. Don’t be excessive either. Think of posting like sending out an email. Too much can be spammy, but too little and people will forget about you.
- Rotate your post topics every few days to keep it fresh for your fan base.
- Don’t Brag, Add Value. No one wants to hear about a company gloating about itself, add value and more people will want to join in on the conversation.
- Use Images to grab your visitor’s attention. People love to look at pictures, add photos to your “Photos” category on your business page.
- Showcase your company’s milestones.
- Out with the old, in with the new. The old “Facebook Tabs” is the new “Facebook Apps”. Use as many custom applications that compliment your business’ product/services.
- Promote! Don’t be afraid to run promotions on your Facebook page. Remember that friends of friends can see a Facebook comment so the more people you have commenting on your page, the greater the visibility you will get for your business.
- Integrate! Integrate other 3rd party applications like Twitter into your Facebook blog posts.
- Engage! Engage with your fan base and comment on their posts. Facebook is not about pushing out content and going on to the next best thing. Be engaging with your fan base. The more time you spend fostering a relationship, the more you will get out of it.