Why Your Business Must Use Google Analytics
“You can’t manage what you can’t measure.”
This article could end right there; that’s the essence of it. If you’re not using Google Analytics, what are you doing?
There are many other analytics suites out there, each with its pros and cons, but we would argue that they should be used in addition to, not instead of, Google Analytics.
The Benefits of Using Google Analytics in Your Business
Google Analytics is the original and still the best. Since their rollout in 2005, they have maintained market domination. There are few analytics suites that match or exceed the Google Analytics feature-set, and none of them are free like Google Analytics is. Google Analytics is the perfect value proposition: Powerful, ubiquitous, and free.
Another benefit of using Google Analytics is how easily it integrates with Adwords and other marketing initiatives. We’ll get more into that later, but you would have to be getting an awful lot of value from another analytics suite to offset the inherent advantages of Google Analytics.
How Google Analytics Can Work For You
Google Analytics is fully-featured and provides statistics for nearly any metric you can name. But some of the more common uses are:
- Track the results of your latest marketing campaign: You will be able to tell where your visitors came from, how long they stayed on the site, and the sorts of things they clicked while they were there. Not only will you be able to tell how effective the campaign was, you’ll be able to adjust campaigns based on this information in the future.
- Evaluate the demographics and sources of your visitors: Google Analytics tracks a number of characteristics about your visitors, which you will be able to analyze and refine at length. Knowing who your visitors are will help you move them down your sales funnel.
- Improve page quality and user experience: Few things are as rewarding as testing new elements on your pages and site and seeing how your traffic reacts. A/B testing is one of those things that takes very little effort but has the potential to transform your business over time.
If you’re not using Google Analytics, you are driving blind when it comes to your online marketing. Luckily, it takes very little to get set up and start using the data to your advantage.
Internet Marketing is what we do. If you’d like help optimizing your website and marketing efforts with the use of Google Analytics and other tools, call Conversion Pipeline today!
- The Apple iOS Update and Its Impact on Your Google Advertising - February 18, 2022
- Customer Spotlight: Dr. Michael Reilly - October 22, 2021
- Customer Spotlight: Voice Products - July 16, 2021