Customer Spotlight – Selling or Refinancing Your Home? Landscaping Can Increase Your Home’s Value
Curb appeal means a lot when buying a home, so if you are getting ready to sell this summer be sure to consider revamping your landscaping.
If you are thinking of selling or refinancing your home, adding premium hardscapes and softscapes can quickly increase the value. Whether you are selling or just want to beautify your home, here are some interesting landscaping tips and facts.
1) Strategically planting shrubs and trees around a property can save up to 25% in energy bills by reducing air conditioning and fuel costs.
2) Shrubs and trees should be four to six feet apart from each other with 10 to 12 feet between rows. Deciduous and conifer trees should be planted up to 20 feet apart with up to 30 feet between rows.
3) Deciduous trees can block between 60% and 90% of the sun’s rays in the summer.
4) Researchers from the University of Washington found 7% higher rental rates for commercial offices with high-quality landscapes.
5) According to a recent survey by Harris Poll for the National Association of Landscape Professionals, 67% of Americans agree that professional landscaping would allow them to have a nicer yard.
6) According to a recent survey for the National Association of Landscape Professionals, almost half (47%) of Americans wish they could hire a landscape professional.
7) Landscaping can raise property value as much as 12%.
8) Spending as little as 5% of your home’s value on landscaping can provide an ROI of up to 150%.
9) Nearly 90% of real estate agents recommend that homeowners invest in landscaping before putting their home on the market.
10) 92% of homeowners adding plants to their yards are choosing plants that are native to their region.
Gateway Home & Garden Center is conveniently located at the intersection of Route 29 and Vint Hill Road in Warrenton, VA. Our Garden Center was opened in 2005 to serve the people of Gainesville, Nokesville and Warrenton.
The Gateway Home & Garden Center has all of the products you need to complete your outdoor projects, from regular landscaping maintenance, to hardscapes and more complex landscaping needs. You’ll find everything you’re looking for at Gateway Garden Center.
- Trees and Shrubs
- Greenhouse plantings
- Wide Variety of Mulches
- Top Soil and Soil Amendments
- Pavers and Stone
- Stone Aggregates