Marketing On LinkedIn
Most people have a LinkedIn account. For those of you who don’t, you should get one. Not only is it free, it can also be one of your best sales tools for promoting your business but also for prospecting. Let me explain. People are connected to one another on the website. Some are connected through friendship, some through occupations, and some through previous occupations. When these people move to a different company, you have just expanded your reach.
For most of us, we network within our communities, social or other, to help us generate leads of interested people who could use our product or service. When people leave one company to go to another one, that extends our reach thus increasing our chances of getting into new territories or verticals. Use this toward your benefit. Promote yourself on LinkedIn by being an active participant within the community. Link your profile up to your Blog so other people can read who you are and what you do when they click on your profile. This is just one of the ways we can promote ourselves to our community. Believe it or not but people do read your profile so update your profile with as much information as possible about yourself and your company.
Below are some basic LinkedIn Marketing Tips:
- Use Your Profile As A Destination
- Link Your Website Content Directly to Linked-In (3rd Party Applications)
- Join Groups And Connect With New Contacts Within Those Groups
- Give Recommendations To Increase Your Exposure (And Good Karma Too)
- Don’t Be Afraid To Try Linked-In Paid Advertising
- Create Events To Attract More Clients