Pay Per Click Strategy
Small businesses need to know that no matter what they are selling, pay per click advertising is almost a guaranteed way to get leads to your doorstep. … But pay per click advertising only brings in new leads and converts them to customers if you follow the golden principles of pay per click advertising. Here are just a few of many PPC guidelines below:
- You need good keywords. Even the best-looking ads will not convert or even serve if they do not have relevant keywords. Conduct keyword research to determine the keywords the most people search that are relevant to your content.
- Create sub-groups to drill down on specific keywords (i.e. Digital Camera, SLR Digital Camera). These sub-groups can help you narrow down your ads to people who want a specific product, thus increasing your ad’s Quality Score and the likelihood that viewers will convert.
- Create multiple ads within each keyword group.
- The Ads need to be tied to a service descriptive landing page on your website. Create content that uses some of the same keywords that you are targeting and that are in the ad.
- Use negative words to weed out services you do not sell (i.e. Digital camera repair). Ensure that you are not targeting the wrong words./li>
- Use Google Analytics to measure how well your campaign is doing
- Review your ad placements once per week to ensure that no ads are costing you too much.
- Review your website bounce rates to determine which web pages are getting traffic, losing traffic and which ones convert that traffic into leads.
- Conversion is key with pay per click. The more time you spend of your PPC campaign, the better results you will have.