Pay Per Click vs. Search Engine Optimization
Enquisite, a web analytics company, released some very interesting search engine statistics that compare PPC spend to SEO and the results are amazing. The results are summarized below:
PPC vs. SEO
- For every single click on a paid search result, the organic (SEO) results generate 8.5 clicks.
- Based on conversion tracking, paid search (PPC) clicks convert 1.5 times the rate of organic clicks on average.
- The opportunity from organic search (SEO) is 5.6 times that of paid search (PPC)
- Based upon a 4-year ad spend summary (from 2004 – 2007): Companies spend on SEO 1/8th of what they spend on PPC.
- Paid Search Agencies charge their client’s, on average, 10% of their clients’ PPC spend.
- Thus, based upon the facts presented above, SEO Agencies earn 1/45th as much as paid search agencies.
So now tell us, where is the value? SEO or PPC? Contact the Conversion Pipeline Online Marketing Team!