Amidst Silver Line Rail Funding Questions, Top Virginia Leaders Discuss Impact of Rail on Economy at Reston Chamber Event
Reston, VA (PRWEB) March 15, 2012
VA Secretary of Transportation Joins Chairmen of Fairfax and Loudoun Board of Supervisors, President of MWAA to Discuss Impact of the Silver Line Rail on Dulles Corridor Business Growth
Fairfax and Loudoun Counties have entered the 90-day period to decide how they will fund Phase II of the Silver Line Metrorail Project – a decision that will have a major impact on local businesses. The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce announced today that Virginia Secretary of Transportation Sean T. Connaughton will join other notable panelists on March 28, 2012, including Chairman Sharon Bulova of the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Chairman Scott York of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors and Jack Potter, President of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority to discuss the latest progress and pending funding decisions on the rail project.
The event, Silver Line: On Track to Loudoun, is presented by the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Dominion and the Reston Hospital Center. The panelists will also explore the results of a recent survey conducted by the Reston Chamber on the Dulles Corridor business community’s perspective on Rail to Dulles/Loudoun.
The full panel will include:
- The Honorable Sean T. Connaughton, Virginia Secretary of Transportation
- The Honorable Sharon Bulova, Chairman, Fairfax County Board of Supervisors
- The Honorable Scott York, Chairman, Loudoun County Board of Supervisors
- General John E. (Jack) Potter, President & CEO, Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
- Mark C. Looney Cooley LLP, Panel Moderator