Are You a Golf Course Looking to Increase Your Membership?
Your online presence is the key to driving members to your Golf Course and edging out your competition. Make your website your number one salesperson.
First, and foremost, ask yourself these questions to gage where changes can be made.
- Do your visitors spend at least a minute on your site?
- Do visitors actively seek you out?
- Do you manage your keywords, understand their cost?
- Do your images make your audience see themselves on your course?
- Do your pages load quickly?
- Do you rank within the first three in a targeted organic search?
Your website is your best investment. Show your ads to your target audience, track their engagement on your site, understand the pages that appeal to them, learn what is working and what isn’t, and add remarketing campaigns to your marketing strategy to reach those that visited your site but have yet to become members.
Follow the strategies below for success in acquiring memberships.
It’s time to turn your browsers into members and keep your golfers customers year round. Make sure your audience finds you and books with you, all while growing your club’s presence. Follow the strategies below for success in acquiring golf memberships.
Strategy 1: Customer Loyalty
Your club is a place where your members already play golf but make it more than that. Make it a social hub where friends and family come together not just to play a round but to celebrate some of life’s greatest moments. Hold events that draw not only the golfing family member, but the non-golfing family members, friends, and the corporate world.
Strategy 2: Market Golf Outings
Explore the corporate world. Companies are always looking for ways to engage their employees with team-building events. Every city with a golf course is a marketing opportunity. Creating the right corporate golf package, advertising it correctly on your website and getting it to the right audience is crucial to your success.
Strategy 3: Increase Brand Awareness with Local Businesses
You want your golf club to be the place that businesses turn to when hosting their out-of-town guests, whether for a social round of golf, dinner, or a corporate event. You can promote your establishment as the best and preferred choice for business meetings and events.
Strategy 4: Partner with Charitable Organizations
The potential to work with charitable organizations is quite endless. Charitable organizations are consistently hosting events, namely charity golf tournaments. It’s an amazing opportunity to participate in an event for a good cause. Building a strong partnership really is a win-win for both your business and the charity’s success.
Five Challenges the Golf Course Industry Faces
Before you start to think about your digital marketing plan, consider the challenges you may face in your industry and get ahead of things. Here are a few:
- Competitors: Since you may not be the only golf course in your area, you need to make sure you stand out. Know who your competitors are and consider the assets that your club may have over them to highlight.
- Location: It’s essential to improve a prospects likelihood of seeing your property by ensuring they have access to a wide range of incredible services and amenities when they arrive. You must create exciting, fun experiences and advertise efficiently to win the new business.
- Price Expectations: It’s very important to research membership rates to ensure you are not underpriced or overpriced, but still competitive.
- Time: You want to make sure your perspective golf member has similar choices in tee times or preferred tee times to make your golf course more appealing.
- Marketing Myths: Studying your marketing efforts with analytics will help you to make more informed decisions and see measurable results.
How can I get help with implementing a successful digital marketing campaign for my golf course’s success?
Getting help is simple. Outsource your marketing to the digital marketing experts. Digital marketing really is at the center of any successful online presence.
Digital marketing can provide:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): SEO is about improving your website ranking and showing up in the top 3 listings on any given search result. Any successful business with an online presence needs to utilize SEO keywords to let your desired target audience easily find your products/services.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC): PPC offers quick results, and reliable returns, and it’s also one of the most important actions you can take to grow your online business. Track your ads to understand your audience and turn your advertising dollars into conversions.
- Design: We make you look great! We can create a custom design and a great user experience for your customer. It’s critical to the success of your business to provide your prospects with what they need, right when they need it.
- Development: We can build your innovative concept for you and your clients will never know that you did not create it in-house as it will be in your branding, not the developers.
- Outsourced CMO: If you do not have a clear plan on what to do in your business, you can (and should) outsource a team of experts. The cost of an outsourced CMO is a fraction of what you would pay a full-time employee. You’ll save money, get organized and become more successful.
- Analytics: We offer high-powered measurement services. We can track where your leads come from, which landing pages convert the most leads, which geographic regions are most popular, and much more. Our powerful analytics software shines light on your digital marketing strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Content Writing: Our writers will create and distribute relevant content throughout your site in the way of blogs, videos, and other resources.
If you need help implementing a new marketing strategy, contact us to learn how we can help your business. Let’s talk.